We are now open and excited to see you all! See what we are doing to keep everyone safe during this time.
- Patients can now check in at the front desk. If you are uncomfortable with this, we would be happy to check you in from the parking lot. We are trying to limit the use of our waiting room. If it is used, it will be disinfected after.
- We will check your temperature, ask screening questions, review address, phone and patient portions, and open all doors within our facility.
- Clinical staff will welcome you back to the treatment room while wearing a mask. Staff will wear masks at all times while in the building and endeavor to keep social distancing.
- We will ask you to wash your hands in the treatment room for 20 seconds. If you are unable to stand at the sink, we will provide you with hand sanitizer.
- Staff will wash their hands in front of you.
- Staff will don gloves and proceed with diagnostic procedures and treatment if needed.
- Patients will exit the treatment room and sit at the check-out area, which has been cleaned in between patients and is separated from staff with plexiglass. If the check-out area is occupied we will ask you to wait in the treatment room until it is available.
- Once the check-out procedure is completed our staff will walk you out of the building. This is our attempt for you to have a maximally touchless appointment.
- Staff will close the treatment room and allow the HEPA filtration unit to run uninterrupted for a minimum of 15 minutes. This is the current CDC recommendation (as of June 3, 2020).
- Staff will clean and reset the treatment room using standard protocols. Our infection control policies have always been to the highest standards including plastic barriers and hospital grade disinfectants used according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- We have strategically placed the chairs in the waiting room for social distancing, removed the Kuerig station, magazines, and toys. We will consider changing our protocol as new information becomes available.
- The final piece to our infection control “puzzle” is to disinfect the air in the entire building. We have had UV-C germicidal lights installed inside our HVAC units on the roof. Any viral particles which escape HEPA filtration are very small and will be sucked into the ventilation and destroyed by these lights.
We are happy to answer any questions regarding our disinfection and sterilization policies and look forward to making every visit to our office safe, comfortable, and effective.